Frequently Asked Questions
Who will carry out the health screening tests?
All tests will be carried out by a qualified pharmacist, registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
What equipment will you use to carry out the screening tests?
We use the same suppliers that provide tests to the NHS or GP surgeries.
What is involved in each test?
Screening tests will involve either a urine sample being given or a few drops of blood being supplied. In the latter case a small lancet will be used to prick the finger and a few drops of blood placed on a device to provide a result.
What happens If not enough blood can be taken?
When will I receive the results?
For most of our tests, results will be ready after approximately 10 minutes.
However with the menopause test a clear indication will initially be given, but we like to repeat the test, exactly a week later for confirmation.
Will the results be accurate?
All results will be assessed and interpreted by a pharmacist using the latest guidelines issued by either NICE ( National Institute of Clinical Excellence) or the NHS (National Health Service).
What happens if the results are positive?
We will provide you with all the advice and support required, so a decision can be made about what to do next. If you provide us with consent we will ensure your GP is informed of the outcome.
How likely are false positives or false negatives results to occur?
All our tests have controls in them which eliminate faulty equipment being used.
Furthermore, we would recommend that patients are always referred to their GP to have positive results confirmed. We also stress that if symptoms persist regardless of a negative result, patients should be referred to their GP. Patients are also encouraged to repeat certain tests, as over time their health situation may change.
Will the results be explained to me?
All results will be explained in a clear and concise manner.
We also provide information leaflets that can be taken away which explain the results.
What happens if I cannot make an appointment or I am late?
If you have to cancel an appointment, you must do so within 24 hours to obtain a full refund.
If you are running late for an appointment, please let us know and we will try and find an alternative time for you to attend.
Will all my information remain confidential?
We are GDPR compliant and have procedures in place to ensure all your personal data is protected.
What do I hope to gain from this test?
Very importantly, screening is not for people with symptoms. If you have any symptoms, go to your doctor.
What about Covid 19?
1. No patient will be seen if they exhibit any symptoms and they will be asked this before they attend and sign a form to confirm they are symptom free.
2. Temperatures will be taken when they enter the premises using an infra red thermometer. All appointments with potential clients will be booked in advance. Those clients that walk in will sign a Covid form and have their temperature taken.
3. We will exhibit social distancing at all times and no more than 3 clients will be allowed into the premises at any time.
4. Masks/ Visors will be worn by staff.
5. A strict cleaning rota will be adhered to at all times and all surface areas disinfected using hospital grade disinfectant after each client has left.
7. The safety of our patients & clinic staff will remain our main priority. Therefore before we open we will demonstrate that a safe service can be provided for patients and a safe working environment for all staff . This will be made easier because we have professional guidance to follow.
In short we are pharmacists and have been involved in the frontline of Primary Care so we are aware of guideline compliance and how to implement it effectively.
Please feel free to ask any questions or queries.
Why Choose Us?
Listed below are some reasons why you may want to have a health screening test.
You want to take control of your health.
You have a history of high cholesterol in your family and your father died of a heart attack when he was young.
You have always feeling tired, run down and exhausted.
You don’t have time to book an appointment with the Doctor and feel it’s not necessary to take up their time.
You recently read an article about vitamin D and are curious to know if you have low levels.
Your Mother and Uncle are diabetics and are curious to know whether symptoms you have been having lately could be due to high glucose levels.
You are low in mood, often irritable and keep on having night sweats.
You often feel bloated and irritable after eating a carbohydrate based meal.
You have urinary tract infections regularly and don’t have time to book another appointment to see your GP.
You think you have a stomach ulcer and are curious to find out if you have one.
View the table below to see how we compare:
Do you take cash payments?
We only take payments by card. Thank you.